Tuesday, October 23, 2012


Moving
When I was about eight years old, my family decided that we needed a bigger house than the one we lived in. We had a three bedroom house, and with a family of five, it seemed a little bit cramped. My two sisters, one starting elementary, and the other starting junior high, shared a room while I, a third grader, had my own room. The rooms weren’t that big, and with two girls sharing a room, there were a lot of fights. After years of listening to the screaming and yelling, my parents had had enough of it. They decided to build a house. 
My parents loved Centerville, and having lived there for more than 10 years, they didn’t want to leave. They found a new development with open lots, and it was in Centerville! It was the perfect place to move. After almost a year of waiting for the construction workers to complete our house, it was finally finished! 
We wanted to move in as soon as possible, but there were some complications. For starters, our house wasn’t finished in time for us to move in. We had already sold our house, and they wanted us out by December. By the time the deadline for us to move out came around, our house still had a couple of days before it was perfectly ready. Our furniture was not all moved into our house yet. For some reason, our bed frames were put in our rooms, but not our mattresses, so we decided to spend the night in a motel. We woke up the next morning, and went to school. I couldn’t focus all day because i wanted to go see my new house. As soon as the final bell rang, I ran as fast as I could, all the way to my new house. I was amazed at how awesome it was! It felt awesome to be able to run and run and run and not stop! I ran to every corner of my house, just to see all of it as fast as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment